Q-emuLator and macOS High Sierra

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Q-emuLator and macOS High Sierra

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Can anyone confirm whether Q-emuLator for Mac OS X 1.2 runs correctly under macOS High Sierra?

I am just going through my list of software to check - I have been through my essentials (basically all my database and software development tools, and business / Office titles), and now I'm onto my high ranking 'likes', ie software I can live without but would very much miss, and Q-emuLator is right at the top of that list (OK, maybe equal top along with Rome Total War!)

I'm asking as I have heard quite a few stories that various titles no longer work (possibly incorrect, but that's the interwebs for you)

Thanks

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: Q-emuLator and macOS High Sierra

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Since posting the above, I have been playing about a bit in Q-emuLator 1.2 for OS X and have found an odd bug that I don't remember experiencing before - can anyone else confirm that they are seeing this?

Try typing anything with either caps lock on or the shift key held down - the letters appear correctly, but space, return, delete, the arrow keys - none of these respond. A general bug or just my setup?

Update: I'm on El Capitan, happens on both external and main keyboard of my 2015 MBP i7

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Sparrowhawk wrote: Try typing anything with either caps lock on or the shift key held down - the letters appear correctly, but space, return, delete, the arrow keys - none of these respond. A general bug or just my setup?
Keyboard membrane of your emulated QL is probably broken - They tend to do that with age. Order a new one with Rich :D

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

tofro wrote:
Sparrowhawk wrote: Try typing anything with either caps lock on or the shift key held down - the letters appear correctly, but space, return, delete, the arrow keys - none of these respond. A general bug or just my setup?
Keyboard membrane of your emulated QL is probably broken - They tend to do that with age. Order a new one with Rich :D

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

Sparrowhawk wrote:Can anyone confirm whether Q-emuLator for Mac OS X 1.2 runs correctly under macOS High Sierra?

I am just going through my list of software to check - I have been through my essentials (basically all my database and software development tools, and business / Office titles), and now I'm onto my high ranking 'likes', ie software I can live without but would very much miss, and Q-emuLator is right at the top of that list (OK, maybe equal top along with Rome Total War!)

I'm asking as I have heard quite a few stories that various titles no longer work (possibly incorrect, but that's the interwebs for you)

Thanks
On my Mac works but is not really updated: it doesn't support mDump 2 MDV dumps correctly and all the new MD protections that we discover and emulate on the PC version.

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

OK. I replaced the MacBook pro keboard membrane - I used some old bubble wrap and chewing gum that I had lying around. Still no joy but it does do nice squishy noise now...

Outsoft - thank you. As long as it runs. Hopefully it will get updated to support the same features as the Windows version, which would be great.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves