QL Forum by Email

Helpful tips and guides, also new users can ask for help here.
dilwyn
Mr QL

QL Forum by Email

Post by dilwyn »

I've been reading this Forum's postings by using the RSS Feeds button in Internet Exploder. Works well enough and easily enough.

I wanted to try receiving the postings of the Forum by email, like the ql-users mailing list, using Outlook Express. Here's how I did it, and I wonder what took me so long to figure out something this simple.

Go to www.feedmyinbox.com and it will ask you to enter two items to get a free daily feed of the site.

1. Enter the website address www.qlforum.co.uk

2. Enter your email address you want the feed sent to.

3. Click on SUBMIT.

That's all. Now once every 24 hours the new postings are assembled into a single email for you to digest. Obviously, if you need to reply to anything you'll need to login to the Forum. but just to read and keep up with the latest postings, that's all you need to do. It's free :!: , so you get just one feed per 24 hours and no choice of when that feed arrives, although there is a paid-for service with extra features if you really want them.

:geek: Better ideas welcome!

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: QL Forum by Email

Post by RWAP »

I do wonder whether this should be setup to download the daily digest direct to the QL-users mailing list - mind you, a lot of people on their will not bother going to the forums to answer!

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:I do wonder whether this should be setup to download the daily digest direct to the QL-users mailing list - mind you, a lot of people on their will not bother going to the forums to answer!
I know what you mean. Although I read the RSS feed more or less daily (time permitting) sometimes I skip a reply because I'd need to fire up the browser, goto QL Forum, login, find the right posting and so on. I'm not sure about copying Forum postings to ql-users, that's a completely different list and I think they ought to stay separate, as some poeple like the ease and passivity of the ql-users list to lurk on, whereas some prefer forums (fora?) like this. :D

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

I know what you mean. Although I read the RSS feed more or less daily (time permitting) sometimes I skip a reply because I'd need to fire up the browser, goto QL Forum, login, find the right posting and so on. I'm not sure about copying Forum postings to ql-users, that's a completely different list and I think they ought to stay separate, as some poeple like the ease and passivity of the ql-users list to lurk on, whereas some prefer forums (fora?) like this.
I always try to catch things at the end of the day, however this is a great tip DJ, thanks. :mrgreen:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
M68008
Trump Card

Post by M68008 »

Not sure why but the QL Forum RSS feed is not working well for me, after I login to the forum I receive the RSS feed for a few days, then it stops.